A handful of links that interested, amused or informed me from around the interwebs:
- There are some memorable album covers (Think Nirvana’s Nevermind with the diving baby). But what was the setting for those albums? Well now we know. Some of them are kind of creepy, I must say.
- This job application rejection letter is not brilliant for it’s creativity but for the creativity (or craziness) it addresses from the applicant. I can’t decide whether I’d want to meet the guy who wrote it or not.
- Mental Floss has compiled 25 of the maps they’ve put out over the years that describe America in different ways. I take issue with the sports figure from each state map (Bronko Nagurski? Are they nuts?!), but over all they are really cool and fascinating.
- I would like to give a hug, a high five, and a raise to the crew of this plane. Landing in high winds they managed to level it out for mere seconds before touching down and avoid disaster. Watching this is nerve-wracking. Imagine being on the plane!
- Chelsea Handler can be awfully mean and obnoxious, so there is a certain amount of satisfaction in seeing Andy Richter deftly and not unkindly put her in her place after she tosses out one of her callous fat jokes.