In this episode of the Happy Rant podcast Ted Kluck, Ronnie Martin, and Barnabas Piper discuss the following:
- Why is Cam Newton such a controversial figure? Ted find him insufferable, and Barnabas thinks he’s awesome. A debate ensues.
- The Super Bowl is a football game, but it’s much more – it’s a spectacle. What are we gaining and what are we losing because it get’s bigger and shinier every year?
- “Think piece” is a pejorative term for an opinion article, and the hosts discuss the good, the bad, the ugly, and the ridiculous of think pieces.
We have a new sponsor this week too – Disappearing Church: From Cultural Relevance to Gospel Resilience by Mark Sayers (Moody Publishers, February 2016). Disappearing Church is a tremendous book, one that any church leader, Christian educator and intentional believer seeking to engage culture with the gospel should read. Sayers has a rare ability to blend theology, history, sociology, and missiology into a single narrative. He makes complex realities clear and shows the reader why the pursuit of “relevance” actually undermines the church’s mission. I wrote a more full review HERE. In the mean time, go get this tremendous book.
Big thank you to Resonate Recordings, the fine folks who make us sound listenable. If you are looking for great people to help your church put out recorded sermon audio or help you with a podcast they’re your people. T
Feel free to hit us up on Twitter at @HappyRantPod or on Facebook or via email at HappyRantPodcast@Gmail.com with any topic suggestions or feedback. We love hearing from listeners!
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.