In this episode of The Happy Rant Ted, Ronnie, and Barnabas do what they always do and wander to and fro through a variety of topics:
- Why don’t publishers market books any more?
- How authors promote books
- Podcasters taking themselves seriously
- Book blurbs as fame credentials
- Why don’t endorsements work for all books?
- Ronnie’s marketing decadence for Hoping for Happiness
- Swanky New England Boys schools
The fine folks at Paul’s Leather know that the Bible is the most important book on your shelf. That’s why they make finding the perfect Bible (or keeping your perfect Bible perfect) a simple process. Using full-grain leather and hand stitching they create beautiful, classic bibles that will last for decades. They will even re-bind that old, heirloom Bible you love so much that’s falling apart. Check out their selection today.
Thank you to our sponsor for this week’s episode: Dwell Bible App. Dwell is a Bible listening app that we love! If you are looking for a convenient, fresh way of spending more time in God’s word Dwell is ideal. Go to https://dwellapp.io/happyrant to get 20% off your subscription.
RELEASING THIS WEEK
In his forthcoming book, Hoping for Happiness, recovering cynic Barnabas Piper helps us to throw off both the unrealistic expectations that end in disappointment and the guilty sense that Christians are not meant to have fun. He shows how having a clear view of the reality of the fall and the promise of redemption frees us to live a life that is grounded, hopeful, and genuinely happy. It’s available October 1, but you can pre-order now.
Get Your Coffee
WE ARE COFFEE MOGULS AGAIN. We’ve joined forces with Redbud Coffee, based out of Auburn IL, to bring you deliciously roasted and beautifully packaged coffee. Check out their variety of roasts and be sure to use the code HappyRant at checkout to get a 10% discount off your purchase.
Be sure to visit HappyRantPodcast.com where you can:
- Order your Redbud coffee
- Connect with Ted, Ronnie, or Barnabas to speak for your church, organization, or event
- Support the podcast through our Patreon page. This helps us cover production and hosting costs so we can keep this thing rolling
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Google Play
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen via just about any podcast app/streaming service out there
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.