In this episode of The Happy Rant Ted, Barnabas, and Ronnie rant about the following:
- Why do reformed people feel the compulsion to change the lyrics to hymns and worship songs?
- When is it even ok to mess with a writer’s work like that?
- Introducing DESTINY PANTS–yes, they are as awesome as you might think
- What’s the deal with Christalignment (not a typo) tarot cards? Is that Christian witchcraft?
Big thanks to our sponsor IVP Books, specifically Disruptive Witness by Alan Noble. We live in a distracted, secular age. These two trends define life in Western society today. We are increasingly addicted to habits―and devices―that distract and “buffer” us from substantive reflection and deep engagement with the world. And we live in a secular age―an age in which all beliefs are equally viable and real transcendence is less and less plausible. But the gospel of Jesus is inherently disruptive: like a plow, it breaks up the hardened surface to expose the fertile earth below. In this book Noble lays out individual, ecclesial, and cultural practices that disrupt our society’s deep-rooted assumptions and point beyond them to the transcendent grace and beauty of Jesus.
We’d also like to thank sponsor Noah’s Event Venue. Noah’s offers fantastic venues for churches to expand, to plant, or to start a campus and comes equipped with high end A/V, classroom space, and all the general meeting needs churches have (aside from a pour-over bar and leather aprons) – though they do have coffee/cafe services! They have multiple venues across the country in most major metro areas, so if you are a church leader looking for space to grow, plant, or move your congregation check them out.
Be sure to visit HappyRantPodcast.com where you can:
- Order fresh roasted coffee from Lagares Roasters
- Order your Happy Rant swag from Missional Wear (Use code RANT to get discounts on swag and/or shipping)
Please consider supporting the podcast financially as well. We have set up a Patreon page, and your donations help us cover production costs, do live events, and grow the podcast by trying some new things. Oh, and of course there are perks for those who commit to helps us such as free books and coffee!
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Google Play
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.