In this episode of the Happy Rant the hosts are reunited after Ronnie’s travels and they rant about the following.
- A crazy University of Iowa prof is offended by the facial expression and demeanor of . . . their mascot, a giant stuffed bird.
- The University of Chicago, on the other hand, has decided there need be no more trigger warnings or safe spaces.
- What are things worship pastor’s should quit saying? Jared Wilson had suggestions in an article, and it needed some discussing.
We’d like to thank your sponsor, Logos, the premier Bible Study and sermon preparation software on the market. Today they released Logos 7, complete with new features to take what was great before to entirely new levels. They offer an incredible library of resources, extensive features, and a suite of tools all of which will help serious Bible students, teachers, and preachers research and prepare. As a special offer for you, listener, use code HAPPYRANT7 at checkout to get Charles Spurgeon’s commentary on Philippians for FREE.
Another thank you to our second sponsor, Waterbrook Multnomah and their new release, Chase the Lion: If Your Dream Doesn’t Scare You, It’s Too Small by Mark Batterson. Following up on his previous best-seller, In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day, it pushes the reader to refuse to pursue dreams that can be accomplished without God. It is available tomorrow, September 6.
Like every week, we want to offer a big thank you to Resonate Recordings, the fine folks who make us sound listenable. If you are looking for great people to help your church put out recorded sermon audio or help you with a podcast they’re your people.
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.