In this episode of the Happy Rant podcast Ted Kluck, Ronnie Martin, and Barnabas Piper rant about the following:
- Plagiarism – why do people do this when it’s so easy not to and is it worse in this internet age?
- How Christians ruin all the fun stuff (movies, sports, etc.) by think-piecing them to death and searching for “redemptive themes”
- If each of us was to host a reality TV show what show would it be?
Big Thank you to our first sponsor this week, Waterbook Multnomah Publishers. They are highlighting the book In a Pit with A Lion on A Snowy Day by Mark Batterson. It is is inspired by one of the most obscure yet courageous acts recorded in Scripture, a blessed and audacious act that left no regrets: “Benaiah chased a lion down into a pit. Then, despite the snow and slippery ground, he caught the lion and killed it” (2 Samuel 23:20 -21). Your greatest regret at the end of your life will be the lions you didn’t chase. You will look back longingly on risks not taken, opportunities not seized, and dreams not pursued. Stop running away from what scares you most and start chasing the God-ordained opportunities that cross your path.
And thank you to our second sponsor this week, Tyndale House Publishers. They are highlighting the book Next Door As It Is In Heaven by Lance Ford and Brad Briscoe. This book offers first principles and best practices to make our neighborhoods into places where compassion and care are once again part of the culture, where good news is once again more than words, and where the love of God can be once again rooted and established.
Like every week, we want to offer a big thank you to Resonate Recordings, the fine folks who make us sound listenable. If you are looking for great people to help your church put out recorded sermon audio or help you with a podcast they’re your people.
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.