In this episode of the Happy Rant Ted Kluck, Ronnie Martin, and Barnabas Piper bring you a particularly delightful episode for this long weekend. They rant about the following.
- Why do we celebrate everything our kids do? First grade “graduation”, finishing dinner – everything gets a “Good job, buddy!”
- Dogs are not children. There, it is said. And that means your dog is not your child.
- What’s the deal with tract evangelism? Is it still around? Might it make a comeback with the retro-loving hipster crowd?
This week we have two sponsors. The first is Missional Wear, that fantastic partner of ours that offers the best of reformed apparel, artwork, pub glasses, and mugs. In case you forgot Father’s day is not far away, and they have some fantastic posters, prints, and wall hangings that pops or the pastor would love for his office. Aaaaaaaand Missional Wear is offering a special for our podcast listeners. Use the code HappyRant at checkout and get $10 of a purchase of $50 or more through June 5. That is one week so move quickly!
Our second, but not lesser, sponsor is NavPress. The particularly want to highlight two books by Jerry Bridges, The Blessing of Humility and his recently re-released classic The Pursuit of Holiness. Both books are rich with theology and gentleness, both reflective of their author. Pick them up, work through them slowly, digest, and benefit.
Like every week, we want to offer a big thank you to Resonate Recordings, the fine folks who make us sound
listenable. If you are looking for great people to help your church put out recorded sermon audio or help you with a podcast they’re your people.
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.