In this episode of the Happy Rant, Ted, Ronnie, and Barnabas discuss the following:
- Have all the multi-level marketing schemes and sales messed up church? What would a women’s Bible study be without someone selling essential oils?
- Why do people hate-watch shows? Do the hosts?
- What books most made the hosts want to write and influenced their writing?
We haveNav Press as a sponsor for this episode and they bring you The Cry of the Soul: How Our Emotions Reveal Our Deepest Questions About God by Dan Allender and Tremper Longman. The Cry of the Soul shows how our negative emotions are not problems to be managed but actually reveal something in our hearts – something of what we believe about God and what we yearn for. In an age of rising anxiety and a desire to kill off negativity, this book explores the Psalms to show a powerful paradigm to help people not just handle their emotions but draw closer to God through them.
Like every week, we want to offer a big thank you to Resonate Recordings, the fine folks who make us sound
listenable. If you are looking for great people to help your church put out recorded sermon audio or help you with a podcast they’re your people.
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.