I would like to give a virtual high five to Stephen Altrogge for getting this episode edited, uploaded, and posted on the same day we recorded! Bravo! It just goes to show there are no lost causes.
We have some big news and, of course, more of the hottest takes on the interwebz and podcast waves. The News: we have a SHOW SPONSOR! Crossway Books goes down in history as the first official sponsor of The Happy Rant, specifically their brand new book, Things of Earth, by Joe Rigney. You’ll have to listen to find out why this book is so awesome. We could not be more appreciative of Crossway for making history and making our show awesome! Here are the rest of our rantings.
- Sponsorship and how we’ll live differently now that we’re filthy rich; Ted is likely going to build a money pool and dive into it like Scrooge McDuck.
- Ted’s “gutcheck” reaction to such phenomena as Heaven Is For Real and Bill Belichick
- Do deflated footballs matter? Should we tar and feather Brady and Belichick for them?
- How should Christians sort through the various “news outlets” that present all stories with such slant?
- The possibility of a Happy Rant Christian Music Karaoke Cruise, possibly on a fishing boat in Lake Michigan.
In order to get the goodness, you need to: