A handful of links that interested, amused or informed me from around the interwebs:
- The Smithsonian held a photo contest for the best outdoor, nature, and wilderness photography. Here are 18 of the best.
- After a gay couple in Philadelphia was accosted and assaulted by an unidentified group of passers by the police had no luck tracking the attackers down. But handful of helpful citizens and Facebook took care of that for them.
- I love Johnny Cash and the way his songs tell stories. Well, a lot of that is because of the stories behind the songs and the interesting life he lived. Here are the backstories to 10 of his songs.
- Baseball’s post season is coming, and there’s no better way to prepare for it than Bryan Cranston’s one-man show. It is amazing.
- When I see incredible dunks like these I always wonder how many times and how bad these guys hurt themselves learning how to do them. Does that make me weird?