A handful of links that interested, amused or informed me from around the interwebs:
- Sometimes looking (quite literally) at history in a new way makes it a whole lot more interesting. These remarkable photos from history tell some interesting stories about how things used to be.
- Of course, sometimes looking at history the way we often have, just through a different lens, does the same. Here are several famous black and white photos with color added. It’s pretty amazing how that makes them feel like they actually happened instead of simply being some archaic record.
- What is the most famous book set in each state? This map will show you.
- Honey badgers are crazy animals – fierce, fearless, and freakishly aggressive. Apparently they’re also geniuses. The escapes this little guy pulls off are hilarious and impressive.
- I love jazz piano, so this video of Collective Cadenza doing a “history of jazz piano timeline instrumental medley” is pretty awesome.
- Anti-bullying campaigns usually emphasize strength, backbone, courage, community. Not this one. It humorously, and musically, looks at the revenge nerds will take on their present-day bullies down the road. It reminds me of the cheer a rather nerdy high school in MN would do when losing at basketball: “That’s alright, that’s ok, you’re gonna work for us someday.”