A handful of links that interested, amused or informed me from around the interwebs:
- Morbid and hilarious: this “artist” poses as if movie promo posters are killing him.
- On average women outlive men. Tere are plenty of scientific reasons for this. But here are 25 not at all scientific ones.
- Too many times we hear stories of churches and other organizations who cover up or overlook sexual abuse of children. Well, Westminster Presbyterian Church in Bluefield WV isn’t one of them. Their handling of allegations of abuse was exemplary. I hope more churches follow their example.
- Who has the best public transit in the country? Here’s a clue: it’s not Atlanta. But this map says who it is.
- This dog adopted an abandoned kitten. A kitten abandoned by its mother. Because dogs have no natural enemies and love everyone. Cats abandon their own. Point. Set. Puppy.
- All the Upworthy posts in the world cannot touch this video’s ability to elicit tears. All the soldier homecoming videos you could ever want. These never get old.
- Brad is autistic. He can’t get a job because of that, but he’s really good at building things, things that nobody else wants to build. Like IKEA furniture. So now his dad is helping him start his own assembly business. Pretty cool and a reminder of the unique abilities of everyone, even if they’re not obvious at first.