A handful of links that interested, amused or informed me from around the inter webs:
- We’re so used to state names like Minnesota, Illinois, or Tennessee that we likely never think about what those names mean. But all 50 states were named for something, and here’s a list of what.
- We are mere weeks away from spring training, so you can be sure that baseball will be making regular appearances in this spot. Here’s an awesome compilation of videos celebrating the best throwing arms in baseball.
- If a disney character was real and had to travel internationally what might his or her passport photo look like? Now we know.
- This is heart breaking. A series of photos of soldiers before, during, and after war. The ravages on them are shocking.
- Kids are so sweet and adorable. By which, of course, I mean brutally honest, hurtful, and cruel. Here are a series of the most hilariously cruel notes written by children.
- I am in no way a John Mayer fan, but this is sweet. A fan holds up a guitar to be autographed while Mayer is soloing. Instead of signing, Mayer grabs the guitar, plugs it in, and finishes the solo on the fans guitar. Why would someone expect a musician to sign a guitar mid concert? I do not know, but I’m sure this guy went home happy.
- In case you didn’t click the “best arms in baseball” link above, this throw by Manny Machado last season is rifrigginfraggindiculous. Most of us couldn’t make the throw he made with a crow hop and 25 tries.