A handful of links that interested, amused or informed me from around the interwebs:
- While it’s totally unsurprising how vulnerable social media makes us, this prank by Jack Vale is pretty enlightening to just how much someone who’s willing to put in a little bit of effort can find out about us. Funny. And creepy.
- What happens when an urban dweller goes to his building’s roof for a little peace and quiet but is disturbed by a couple breaking up? He live tweets it, of course, and entertains the world.
- As a parent I can say with assurance that cranky kids are awful. But maybe that’s just a matter of perspective. These photos of unhappy children sure cast a more humorous light on things. We just need to learn to laugh at our cranky kids.
- When I hear about huge corporations “raising money” for a cause I often roll my eyes knowing that the fundraiser cost hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of dollars that could have just gone to the cause. Well, Coke solved that problem in a pretty fantastic way. If you don’t see as much advertising from them in the coming weeks, now you know why. And if it wasn’t clear before, this seals the deal: Coke is better than Pepsi.
- If you’re reading this you likely know how social media works and doesn’t work, at least the basics. Well, one judge in Kentucky doesn’t seem to have made it to the 2st century and has made a rather significant fool of himself because of it.
- It’s called the Grandad Shuffle. And the first dancing guy looks just like Donald Sutherland. Your Monday needs this.
- Kitten videos are all the rage. Whatever. You’ll never see a video of cats learning to howl and being the awesomest.