In this episode of the Happy Rant Podcast Ted Kluck, Ronnie Martin, and Barnabas Piper take on three of the HOTTEST topics of recent days, topics so hot only experts can handle them. Well, experts and anyone with a Twitter handle.
- So a gorilla was shot and the internet went . . . ape over it. Why is this a thing?
- A “youth leader in the home church movement” called John Piper and Russell Moore satanists for their views on minority adoption and tagged Barnabas in the post. His thoughts?
- Should we be protesting and picketing Target for their decision on who can or can’t use which bathrooms?
This week we have two sponsors. The first is Missional Wear, that fantastic partner of ours that offers the best of reformed apparel, artwork, pub glasses, and mugs. In case you forgot Father’s day is not far away, check out their selection of pint glasses and mugs featuring quotes, solar, dead guys, and more. Aaaaaaaand Missional Wear is offering a special for our podcast listeners. Use the code HappyRant at checkout and get $10 of a purchase of $50 or more through June 12. This is the best of all Calvinist swag and that is only one week so move quickly!
Our second, but not lesser, sponsor is NavPress. The particularly want to highlight two books by Jerry Bridges, The Blessing of Humility and his recently re-released classic The Pursuit of Holiness. Both books are rich with theology and gentleness, both reflective of their author. Pick them up, work through them slowly, digest, and benefit.
Like every week, we want to offer a big thank you to Resonate Recordings, the fine folks who make us sound
listenable. If you are looking for great people to help your church put out recorded sermon audio or help you with a podcast they’re your people.
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.