In this newest episode of the Happy Rant, Ted, Ronnie, and I wrangle some absolutely pressing topics – things that keep people up at night. We bring clarity. We bring wisdom. We bring snark. Here they are:
- Comedies are often the most memorable movies. People love them. So why don’t they ever win Oscars?
- If we could go back in time and talk to our 20-year-old selves what advice would we give? And would we even listen to that advice?
- Churches are not businesses, so how should they use business principles? Or should they at all?
We have a new sponsor this week too – Renovate: Changing Who You Are by Loving Where You Are by Leonce Crump (Waterbrook/Multnomah, February 2016). Renovate is a fantastic book for any church planter, missionary, or believer seeking to see his or her neighborhood transformed by the gospel. Crump, the founding pastor of Renovation Church in Atlanta, draws on his own experience and a wealth of biblical principles to show how developing a deep love for one’s neighborhood is just the thing God often uses to change hearts and ‘hoods. Renovate releases on February 16, and you should definitely preorder it now.
Big thank you to Resonate Recordings, the fine folks who make us sound listenable. If you are looking for great people to help your church put out recorded sermon audio or help you with a podcast they’re your people. T
Feel free to hit us up on Twitter at @HappyRantPod or on Facebook or via email at HappyRantPodcast@Gmail.com with any topic suggestions or feedback. We love hearing from listeners!
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.