A handful of links that interested, amused or informed me from around the interwebs:
- Today is my birthday, and you really ought to get me a present. I’ll accept a new car, a German Shepherd puppy, cash in denominations of 10s and 20s, or money orders of at least $30. If those are too rich for your blood (or if you’re just stingy) I’ll settle for you pre-ordering my book.
- The interwebs are full of inspiring and moving photos of famous landmarks. Some of those, when seen with context, look just a little less inspiring, though. Check it out.
- Quotation marks, when misused, send precisely the opposite message you want. Here are several excellent, and humorous, examples.
- I can’t think of any circumstance in which hooking an 11-foot long hammerhead shark seems like fun. But doing so will sitting in a kayak only to be towed for 12 miles sounds especially not fun.
- The most notable sports figure from each state: commence debating. I’ll start: Bronko Nagurski is NOT the greatest athlete from MN. I’d take Kevin McHale or Joe Mauer over him (although Mauer needs a few more years to build his resume).
- It’s over-produced and emotionally manipulative. Overlook all that and watch this young man suffering from Tourette’s show off a remarkable singing voice. Amazing stuff.
- I want to get my wife’s cat (it lives in my home but is not mine) a hammock just to watch this happen.