A handful of links that interested, amused, or informed me from around the interwebs:
- I was born in 1983, so this gallery of “15 fashions people were rocking in 1983” amused me greatly, especially since about 12 of them are ones people are rocking today
- C.S. Lewis communicated ideas better than almost anyone in history, so when he offers writing advice it’s wise to sit up and take notice. Here’s the best writing advice you will hear today.
- This is just so weird and cool and weird that it is worth looking at. I feel like it came out of a Cormac McCarthy book or something. The Hyena Handlers of Nigeria
- It has to be hard when one’s daughter calls off a wedding, but this family decided to turn a miserable situation into a really good one.
- A sweet, inspiring tear-jerker of a story about a high school wrestler with Down syndrome and how the one match of his career went down.
- “Will saying ‘like’ all the time ruin your career?” asks Fast Company. I don’t know, but it sure, like, makes you sound dumb.
- Jimmy Fallon has mastered the art of the hilarious-bit-turned-youtube-video, and this is one of the best I’ve seen from him.