A handful of links that interested, amused or informed me from around the interwebs:
- John Dominis, a legendary photographer for LIFE magazine, died last week at the age of 92. Here is a tribute to him featuring some of his most iconic, and beautiful, photos.
- You will never, ever, not a billion years, see cats looking this happy. Especially not about car rides.
- People make pretty photos on Instagram by cheating and using filters. These photographers, though, use skill and sheer artistic mastery to make the most beautiful photos of 2013 according to National Geographic.
- 10 people who made the world a better place who we ought to know a little more about.
- Only 5 weeks (or so) until pitchers and catchers report. Thank goodness. In preparation let’s take a look back at the best baseball gifs of 2013: Part 1 & Part 2.
- I love country music, at least the kind that guys like Johnny Cash or George Strait or Alan Jackson make. Somehow, though, country music today is all drunk rednecks and horny frat boys which is why all the stuff you hear on the radio sounds exactly the same and completely vomitus. Here’s their “musical” formula.
- It’s bitter cold in most of the country today. It’s a Monday. Many of you are coming back from holiday vacations this week. You know what you need? A Basset hound in slow-motion. It will cheer you up for sure.